Wednesday, November 12, 2014

BOM is the bomb!










This week was amazing! I learned so much it's crazy! Every day and every week there is so much that happens it's hard to remember even a week ago what happened! I love being a missionary and I love being busy! At transfers this week, Sister B and I luckily didn't get transferred, but we are going to be the sister training leaders here in M still! Also we now have 2 sister district leaders and 1 elder district leader in our zone. So my district is all sisters! #Sistrict

First off, I learned the importance of the Book of Mormon. My testimony of that book has grown so much. I have recently started reading it over again looking for ways that I can use the Atonement in my life. It's amazing how the Atonement is literally in everything that we do. Looking at the people that we are working with, it is amazing to see the difference between those that are reading the Book of Mormon and progressing and those that aren't. I can testify that the Book of Mormon combined with the spirit is the most powerful tool in conversion. T*, who is amazing, has been reading and is already in the book of Mosiah! We got the opportunity to take her to the Temple Visitors center this week and that was one of the times I have felt the Spirit the most on my mission. After watching the Joseph Smith-the Prophet of the Restoration and watching God's plan for His family T* was in tears (therefore I was in tears haha). She testified that as she has been reading the Book of Mormon all her questions and concerns have been answered and then that night at the temple they were all confirmed by the spirit. She said she felt the most comfort and peace she has felt in her entire life! Brothers and Sisters, the Church is true. That was probably the highlight of my week by far.

We also got to see the B* family and we are still waiting for Brother B* to come home from South Dakota for his work so that the family can be baptized all together! He is still working on His testimony of Joseph Smith, and I believe it's because he, or the family, doesn't read the Book of Mormon that often. But they are preparing have a goal to be baptized on December 6th!
We are still working with a part member family, the K's, who the boys are planning on being baptized on November 28th. It's amazing how the gospel is complex and we can never know everything, but at the same time its simple enough that a child can understand.
We are working with a less active/part member family, the R*'s and they are finally to the point where they will say prayers in front of us! We heard that this past week, brother R* said his first prayer in front of his parents in like 20 years! It's a miracle! The work is truly hastening!

I don't have a lot of time... And there were so many other miracles and amazing things that happened, but just know that I truly have a testimony of this gospel. And I know that true doctrine, understood, changes behavior. I know that Joseph Smith did in reality see God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. I know that families can be together Forever and I know that the peace that comes from living the Gospel is worth every sacrifice! I love you all! Thank you for your support!

Sister Dewey



"A baby starfish!"


No comments:

Post a Comment