Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Conference!

New companion!

Sister Dewey hit her 9 month mark today! 

#MLC

"She makes the best salsa!!"

This week was SO GOOD! seriously, there are miracles that happen everyday! To begin with I just want to invited EVERYONE to watch MEET THE MORMONS in theaters this week! It comes out on Friday and the more people that watch it opening day the more theaters it will go into! The success and publicity all depend on the first day! We got to watch the movie on Tuesday our mission president had a copy of it, it was SO SWEET! I thought it was going to be boring, but by the end I wanted to watch more! I hope that all of you get the chance to watch it this week!

On Tuesday we had Zone interviews with President And I got to do my first training as a Sister Training Leader. It was a little nerve-wracking doing it in front of the Mission President's wife and the Assistants, but I think it ended up well. I talked about what Elder Christofferson told us when he came to our mission a couple weeks ago. It was about rebellion and finding personal strength through the atonement.

On Thursday I went to my first MLC with the zone leaders. It was super long, from 9am to 3pm, but it was super good at the same time! We got some awesome training about how to use facebook better and about the mission focus for this transfer. We are focusing on teaching investigators in member homes, at church buildings, or at the temple. Because then they will feel the power of the spirit and want that more in their life!

We had another Miracle with C* this week! We went over and read the first half of chapter 1 of the Book of Mormon with her! and instead of feeling sick and queezy like the first time she read it, she told us she feels really good! She said that when she reads the Book of Mormon she gets this feeling deep inside that is not like when she reads the Bible! And when we invited her to be baptized she said that when God tells her to she will, because she has already been seriously considering it! THEN we got to watch conference with her Saturday and Sunday afternoon! We watched it on Sunday at a members house and she loved it! It was a miracle as Elder Bednar spoke straight to non-members, the spirit was so strong. And afterwards she expressed how much she loves the gospel and how it's really hard that her husband and kids are totally against it. I feel like now that she has gotten past the struggle of reading the Book of Mormon, satan is throwing her family at her to stop her. It's only because he knows what a blessing this Gospel really is and he knows how much it will change her life! So we will definitely keep praying and working with her! It's cool to see how the spirit works in our hearts though!

I LOVED CONFERENCE! Holy Cow, as a missionary, conference is like Christmas. no joke. I believe my favorite sessions were the first and the last. I loved Elder Christofferson and Elder Uchtdorf. As well as Elder Bednar and Elder Scott. Okay, lets be honest, they all were SO GOOD! It seemed like they talked a lot about personal revelation and prophets. Just by listening and feeling the spirit that the prophets and apostles bring, I know that these men truly are called of God. I know that they have the authority to speak and act in the name of God and I know that if we heed their words we will never go astray. I am so grateful for this amazing gospel that teaches me how to be a better person. And I know that none of it would be possible without the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I hope you all get a chance to reflect on conference and make the changes necessary in your life to bring it in closer harmony to God's teachings and will for you! I love you all and I love this great work!

Sister Dewey

"Practicing street contacting."



"Some of my favorite sisters! We came out to Phoenix together!"

"A member brought over cinnamon rolls for us!"

GC!! = General Conference


No comments:

Post a Comment