Monday, September 8, 2014

The Enabling power of the Atonement




So this week was a very humbling and growing week for me. I read this article in the Ensign, April 2012, all about the Enabling power of the Atonement. It's titled "The Atonement and the Journey of Mortality" by Elder Bednar. I decided I want to use the Atonement more in my life and I sure got to this week! Haha be careful what you ask for... But it was good. There were some struggles that came up during the week where I had no where else to turn but to the Lord. Every time I prayed I just felt this overwhelming warmth and power. I had an increased strength to endure and I found amazing solace and guidance in the scriptures, more than I ever have before. I love the Savior and am so grateful for His endless mercy. Alma 34:14-17

We went on mini exchanges for the night while the Sister Training leaders were up here from Ajo. I went with Hermana S* and we went to visit our recent convert K*. Afterwards we walked outside and his neighbor was weeding. We asked if we could help and then just started pulling. We got to talking to her and eventually found out she's looking for a church and the ones she has gone in the past don't feel right and don't allow people asking questions. By the end of it we gave her a Restoration pamphlet and set up a lesson! Who knows what will come from it, but it's amazing how natural the conversation was. Talking about the gospel is natural as long as it comes from Love!!

We had an Family Home Evening with the B* family! It was cool, we did this Restoration tower thing I learned from my last companion. It's amazing the power that FHE has. It unites families and brings the Spirit! The Grandma came to church with them and stayed all 3 hours! We have high hopes for the grandma, she is so sweet and needs the Gospel in her life!

We are still working with the R* family! I absolutely LOVE them. Every time we come over they just light up. They sadly didn't come to church... But the kids finally started reading a little from the Book of Mormon! I mean, it's what Preach My Gospel says, "the Book of Mormon combined with the spirit is your most powerful tool in conversion".

Had a miracle when we went to the Desert. We finally found this less-active family! And the 2 sons, who are 8 and 10, had apparently been taking discussions from the sisters before us. And they were wondering when they were going to come back. So we got to set up weekly appointments now to meet with the Boys so they can be
baptized!

Some funny/cool things:
-We had Dinner with the Mayor! They are in our ward, and
we found out that both him and his wife served missions!
All the sisters in my zone (we are super close now) started
this challenge that goes until transfers. And the loser has to eat a
cricket! It's going to be hard but I sure hope I don't lose.
I tried a crab sushi thing for the first time... Very
interesting... Still not a seafood person. Haha

Well thanks so much for all the support!! I love you all! Have a wonderful week!
Sister Dewey










No comments:

Post a Comment