Monday, March 17, 2014

Great Week!

Hey everyone!
This past week has been super great! I have truly felt the importance of listening to the spirit to resolve concerns people have. During district Meeting and Zone Conference this week we talked a lot about The doctrine of Christ, the Atonement, Being consecrated and the role of the Holy Ghost. I learn so much from these meetings it's crazy! I just get super pumped afterwards, and then the coolest part is later in the day, those exact things will come up and we get to put what we learned into action. For example we practiced resolving concerns during the meeting and then that day we went to visit this less active family and her sister who is an investigator and were able to listen to the spirit and help resolve their concerns about the Book of Mormon and the Word of Wisdom. Also there have been times this week that I have just said a prayer in my heart "Heavenly help me know what to say" then I act in faith and just open my mouth and it comes out.

Exchanges 
We are teaching this girl, J*, who is preparing to be baptized, and it was so cool to see this week that because she has a strong testimony of the book of Mormon (meaning she reads it everyday and feels the power that it has), every time we taught a commandment she understood and committed to pray about it. Then we come back the next day and she said she received her answer that it was true. There are still other concern and things we need to help her with, but a testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith is so critical in understanding the commandments like WOW and Chastity etc. I have seen her countenance change though as she has been reading everyday. We also met with this other family and they committed to read the BOM, pray about it, and if it was true they would be baptized.

We had exchanges this week. I stayed here this time and Hermana M came to my area. It was fun, she taught me some Spanish so that I can actually introduce myself to half the people here... haha it was great though, Hermana Manwill is sweet! She plays soccer too and played in college before she came and she is super fun. I learned a lot about how to be consecrated and have fun at the same time.

Lastly, we go and visit less actives like all the time, since there are like 800 or so... but we went to this one guys house and he opened the door wearing this wizard type robe and it was dark in the house and his robe was like open... haha yeah... but it was funny because he was like, I don't believe in God anymore, I believe in energy creatures. And time and space and all this stuff. I was about to ask him where his wand was. haha it was funny though. Also this week was the first time that I had doors shut in my face. It happened a couple times too! build's character right? Well I love you all so very much!
Sister Dewey

"The gang we are apart of.. haha jk, these are all over though"




"The pink house. There are tons of these everywhere!!! there are bright orange, yellow, green, blue, and every color house you can think of. haha it's crazy. "


1 comment:

  1. Sister D: Thanks so much for sharing your experiences...remember the biggest journeys in life start with the smallest steps. You have always excelled in encouraging others in taking those steps with your warm spirit.

    ReplyDelete