Monday, March 3, 2014

Gilbert Temple



"This was corn, covered in mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and chili sauce."


















This week was wonderful! There were so many things that happened that I knew was no coincidence and that God truly had a hand in. For example we actually had a lot of members come out with us! which is great because they get a chance to meet our investigators, have a personal relationship with them, care about them, share their testimony, see that we are working hard so they trust us, which in turn (hopefully) they trust us with their friends and we get referrals from them. Because the strongest converts are the ones that have member friends, that way they become spiritually converted and not just socially converted to the missionaries.

I have truly felt the Spirit in much abundance this week. During my personal studies, role playing, district meeting, new missionary meeting, with the members, and most importantly during lessons. The Holy Ghost is the true teacher in everything we do, so having the Holy Ghost with me at all times is the hardest but most powerful thing.

My companion, Sister F* crashed her bike on Wednesday. It was pretty bad and I have had to take care of her a lot this past week and serve her. It has been a blessing to be able to serve her because I have felt my love for her grow more. Also we went to go visit a referral who didn't answer, so we went to their neighbors house and talked to this kid outside we set up a lesson for the next day and are now going to be teaching them. they seem pretty sweet!

It RAINED for the first time in months here! We went running in the morning and then got to walk around in it in the evening. It was sweet! Reminded me of Oregon. I have never been so happy to see rain though. I ran outside and was like YES! this feels so good! People were freaking out here and didn't want to drive or anything, also everyone had umbrella's! I was like wow... haha


On Saturday night we watched the Cultural celebration that the youth preformed for the Gilbert Temple! It was so cool and reminded me of the dance festival that I missed out on... And then on Sunday we went to the stake center (which was an extension of the temple) and got to watch the Dedication! the Prophet was there and President Eyring gave the dedicatory prayer! It was so cool! The spirit was so strong.

The Church is true, I love you all! Have a wonderful week!
Sister Dewey



No comments:

Post a Comment