Tuesday, July 8, 2014

MARICOPA!!!!!!!

"Some of the pictures we took in PHX" 

New companion, Sister E! 

"C from PHX"

"SIster F from PHX!" 
First Monsoon! 





Welcome to Maricopa! The small town suburbs in the middle of the Desert! Where every night it smells like cows and the dust storms are crazy! A complete opposite of the ghetto of Phoenix haha
This week has been so weird! A good weird, don't get me wrong, just super different and crazy!
 
Last monday we took super cool pictures by all the murals in phoenix and then packed all p-day and then had a really spiritual lesson with a less-active in our ward. She is going through some really hard things and we talked about Faith in Jesus Christ and cried and told her that God knows her and loves her. During the closing prayer while my companion was praying, I was just pleading with God to help this lady feel loved. I started crying because I was overcome with this feeling of Christ's Love for her. I have never loved someone so much and I know it wasn't me, it was God and the spirit working through us.
 
Tuesday we had a zone meeting. My last one in Phoenix.. we talked about our vision and goal for ourselves at the end of our mission and for our investigators. We then went by a prospective elder who "isn't mormon anymore" and believes we are all energy creatures and that he has been reincarnated 1000 times already... Also that evening J* had her baptism interview! We got permission from president to go back to phoenix for her baptism on the 12th!
 
Wednesday was transfers! President said that our goal of 111 baptisms (1 per companionship) was reached! We had a total of 116 baptisms last transfer! Miracles are truly happening as the work is hastening. 

So I got transferred to Maricopa. Which is actually my last companion, Sister M's, old [area] before she came to Phoenix! So we like traded places. My new companion is Sister E from Idaho. And she was actually in the MTC with one of my friends from BYU-I! Small world or what? We met the bishop that night, he is really excited about the work as well!
 
Thursday was hectic as I was trying to figure out the new area. And that night was the FIRST MONSOON EVER! Welcome to Monsoon season. It was so fun! It actually rained! We came home a little early because we aren't supposed to be out during one of those. And we ended up having hot chocolate.. in july? I know. weird.
 
Friday was the 4th of July! And it was my first day tracting! we went to go visit less-actives and then went tracting to the house that were around it. We found some super cool people! That night we got to spend from 5-9 with members, the D family, who are super missionary minded and help out the missionaries a lot. We had a BBQ and then watched fireworks from their street that were going off in the Indian Reservation just down the road.
 
We are working with this super cool family! The B family that are planning on being baptized on August 2nd! I am excited to be here in Maricopa. The ward is so different, very small. Most of our people all live really close together (its the suburbs) and then a couple people live out in the desert, which is like a 15 min drive. We went out to the desert last night to do a FHE with a family! Pretty cool!
 
I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you! Thanks for the support!
Sister Dewey




4th of July! 


"Out in the desert for an FHE with the L family"


"Progression of the monsoon"






1 comment:

  1. Hey Sister D! Seeing your pictures of monsoon reminded me of when I was a kid growing up in Vegas. Its a different kind of rain than the rainy Northwest. Stay dry and be careful if you drive in it! I will pray that you will find the support and opportunities you need this week.

    ReplyDelete