Monday, February 3, 2014

Exchanges





Hello everyone!
 
I just want to say thank you for the letters and e-mails and just all the support that I have.
This week has been SO GOOD! I have truly seen the truthfulness of this statement: sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven. Our goal of having more members come out with us was really hard, but we did it. The standard of excellence for the mission is 16 member present lessons, the past couple weeks we probably had like 4 average. So this week, in every prayer that came out of my mouth I asked that we would find members to come out with us. and after a lot of calling and texting and searching the ward directory, we finally found some. and yesterday afternoon we had our 16th member present lesson! holla! I am so stoked because I know that we definitely had heavenly help with it.

We had exchanges on tuesday-wednesday and it was so sweet! I had such a great time, I learned so much, and it was exactly what i needed. I know that Heavenly Father is really looking out for me. I went on exchanges with the Sister Training Leader in the South Phoenix Zone, Hermana S. We are literally the same person because she has 2 older brothers and played center back in soccer during high school and took gymnastics for a couple years. It was cool though to be able to have a different perspective and attitude about certain things. I learned how to personal study better, how to OYM better, and how to have a better attitude about missionary work. It was funny because we went finding and every person we talked to rejected us, and some even laughed. But she was like shoot, they may be laughing now, but in heaven they won't be laughin no more... haha but also her area was spanish, so during the lessons and with the members I would just sit there and try to pick out words. it was cool.

My testimony of the power of prayer has grown a lot as I have prayed harder and more sincere than I ever have. And then having our investigators pray and hearing them communicate with their Father in heaven for the first time is so cool and how strong the spirit is when they do is amazing. We have had some SUPER SOLID AND SWEET lessons this week! holy cow! And the people are so great and so prepared. Im just going to continue talking about the 2 things from my last letter. 1) the 50 year old used to be alcoholic, his name is A* and he's the best. On Wednesday I had him write down that he will commit to live the Word of Wisdom starting today and then sign it and put it by his tea and coffee and cigarettes. We have gone by everyday and he has stayed strong! The thing with him is trying to get him to read the BOM. He doesn't understand it very well, (just like everyone else) but we challenged him to read it even 5 minutes a day. He is on date for the 15. We'll see if he comes to church next week then he'll be ready I think. 2) the super sweet refferral is named Joe and he has 3 nephews that are solid too! We visited him a lot this week and every day he is so excited to see us and "hear God's word". They came to church yesterday and loved it! so we went over and committed them to be baptized on the 22nd! Holla! they are so sweet and I know the Lord has been preparing them for a while.
Fast sunday was awesome. We got up at 5:30 so that we could go wake up our investigators at 7, so they would come to church at 8. none of those people we saw actually came... sad day. BUT the blessings came from having other investigators come! Chruch was awesome and the things I fasted about definitely were answered. I love the work. I love these people. I love the gospel. it's just the best. A quote from the ZL: "The main thing is to keep the main thing, the main thing." so don't ever lose sight of what's most important.

Thanks for the delivery mom! I love you all!

Sister Dewey

1 comment:

  1. Sister D:

    You look amazing on a bike, keep going strong. Sister VH

    ReplyDelete