Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Letter 2


Hello Ya'll!
How is everyone doing? I hope that all is going well now that school started again! And mom I hope you had a wonderful birthday! I sent you a letter... hopefully you got it... haha also you might be thinking why I am emailing today, on Sunday our schedule's got changed. so we have P-Day today and the next P-Day I will have will be in Tempe Arizona! So exciting! I can't believe I have less than a week before I go to Arizona! Although after this week I feel a little tiny bit more prepared, but I still have so much to learn.


This past week has been amazing though. It feels like I've been here for 3 weeks! haha They have this thing at the MTC called "magic sunday". Pretty much that if you can make it from wednesday to sunday, then you will be good. And last Sunday was truly wonderful, totally magical like they say. Plus it was fast sunday! I fasted for 2 different things and I was so blessed to have those things answered during the day. The Lord truly watches over us and cares about the details of our lives. That night we watched a talk by Elder Bednar called the "Character of Christ" and that changed me so much. It helped me realize how selfish and self-absorbed I am. I love how he said "the mission is not about you so get over yourself" haha I love when the General Authorities are straight up with you. During fast and testimony meeting that day we all got to bear our testimonies and the spirit was SO strong holy cow, it was amazing. I just wanted to never leave. We also got to go walk around the temple and take pictures. It is so peaceful there and I can't wait to actually go inside later today!



The past 2 days of classes have been so great. I literally feel like i'm learning something new all day erry day, which is probably why i'm here to begin with, but it still is just mind blowing. We have been teaching PI's which are Progressing Investigators and it has definitely been a learning experience. One of the guys we are teaching actually prayed at the end of the lesson for the first time in like 5 years! The Spirit was so strong and it is so cool to see his faith growing. Through planning, preparing, studying and teaching them I have truly felt the influence of the Spirit in my thinking. Through the plan study teach cycle I have really felt a unity with my companion Sister A. At first I was pretty lost and just let her do all the teaching, but i'm starting to understand how to be more comfortable and confident with what the Spirit is guiding me to say and how to teach with her more. It was cool because during one of the lessons we asked if we could share a scripture with Him and then we both turned to the same chapter without even knowing it until afterwards. And then yesterday when we were teaching a different investigator we were feeding off each other really well and helping each other out. It is so sweet to be sitting in a lesson and have the Spirit prompt you to say something.




Speaking of yesterday, it was probably one of my most favorite days here at the MTC. Although everyday is my favorite because it just get's better and better. The day started out really well because we had this guest teacher come in and help us study better and she was so passionate about it that I instantly felt the same passion. She said that she believe "Spiritual Violence is always the answer" meaning that anytime you have a chance to roundhouse kick Satan in the face, do it. haha she was awesome. And then our lesson with R* went really well and next lesson we are going to invite him to be baptized. But then we went to teach our TRC investigator and things did not go so well... and I was feeling really down afterwards, but my companion gave the most powerful prayer when we got back to our classroom and the Spirit comforted me in a way I have never felt before. Like tingling through my whole body. It was sweet and my demeanor changed. From then on last night, everything was just awesome and at 9:30 before we went home I read a poem to my district that the last district had left us. The poem is about missionary work and Jesus Christ. The Spirit was so strong while I read it and not only that but we could all feel the Savior's love for us at that moment and it brought us as a district so much closer. I am going to miss the Elders when we leave for Arizona next Tuesday morning.



The biggest thing I've learned so far is to recognize and work with the Spirit because we can't do the Lord's work without it. And the 2nd thing is to rely on the Lord for strength, comfort, knowledge, pretty much everything. I have learned a lot so far, but it has only just begun and I have SSOOO much more to learn! I am excited to be here though. Today the new missionaries come in and tonight we get to meet the new district in our zone! I totally remember how nervous I was a week ago. it's crazy, it feels like so long ago. The food is also getting really old here, haha I feel bad for those who have been here for 7 weeks! But I love it here, the church is true, keep being the awesome people that I know you all are! love you lots!
Sister Dewey


1 comment: